You can configure your vRealize Hyperic agents to use SSL when communicating with the vRealize Hyperic server.
About this task
You must configure SSL for each vRealize Hyperic agent.
Verify that the vRealize Hyperic agent's keystore was installed prior to initial startup of the agent.
Each agent must have its own keystore.
Verify that you have SSL certificates for the vRealize Hyperic server and each vRealize Hyperic agent.
Verfiy that you have a JKS-format keystore for the vRealize Hyperic server on its host, and that you have imported its SSL certificate.
Note the full path to the JKS-format keystore and its password. When you run the vRealize Hyperic installer in
-fullmode, the installer prompts for this information.
- Setup a keystore for the vRealize Hyperic agent on its host.
- Import the SSL certificate for the agent.
- In the agent's agent.properties file, specify values for the following properties.
Specify the location of the agent keystore.
Specify the password for the agent keystore.
The password of the keystore for the vRealize Hyperic agent and the private key password must be the identical.
- (Optional) : If you are configuring the vRealize Hyperic agent for unidirectional communication, specify the keystore name in the
- Save the file and restart the agent.