Follow this process to configure the Recent Alerts Portlet.
About this task
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Recent Alerts portlet.
The HQ Dashboard Settings: Recent Alerts page appears.
- In the Display Settings section:
Description — (optional) Enter a description, if desired. The description will appear at the top of the portlet.
Alert Range — Select:
Maximum length of the alert list: 4, 10, 20 or 30.
The minimum priority of the alerts to include.
Timeframe of interest; choices range from 30 minutes to a month.
Resources of interest:
all resources - With this setting, alerts (that meet the priority and timeframe criteria) on any resource can appear in the list.
selected resources - With this setting, the alert list contains only resources listed in the Selected Resources section that meet the priority and timeframe criteria.
- If desired, define a set of resources of interest in the Selected Resources section.
The content of the portlet will be limited to alerts that fired on resources in the Selected Resources only when the all resources/selected resources switch is set to selected resources. The contents of the Selected Resources section is ignored when the switch is set to selected resources.
- In the Resources column:
- Use the View filters to filter by inventory type, resource type, or both, as desired.
- Enter a substring in the Filter by Name field to filter by resource name, as desired.
- In the list of resources, checkmark desired resources, and click the right arrow between the columns to include them in the portlet.
- If the Add Resources column a contains resources that are not of interest, select the respective checkbox of those resources and click the left arrow between the columns.
- Click OK.