This topic explains how to create a platform service.
- Use to navigate to the platform to which you wish to add a service.
- From the Tools menu, select New Platform Service.
- On the New Platform Service page enter the following:
- Name - A meaningful name for the service.
- Description - (optional) A description of the service.
- Service Type - Select the desired service type from the pull-down list.
- After entering the Name, Description, and Service Type, click OK to create the new service.
The Inventory tab for the new service appears.
- In the prompt, click Configuration Properties.
- On the Configuration Properties page, enter values for the required configuration properties, which are prefixed with a red asterisk, and optional properties as appropriate. For information about the configuration properties for a service type, click the link in the Configuration Notes column for it in the Configuration Instructions for Platform Services table.