You can take a snapshot of your current query and time range in vRealize Log Insight for quick viewing or to save to a dashboard. Snapshots can be taken from the Interactive Analytics page.
About this task
A snapshot saves the log messages available within the time range at the moment when you take the snapshot. After you take a snapshot, click it to return to the query when you took the snapshot. If you want to save one or more snapshots, add them to an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight Web user interface. The URL format is https://log_insight-host, where log_insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- On the Interactive Analytics tab, perform the query that you want to save as a snapshot.
- Click the Snapshot icon.
The snapshot appears at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) Change the query and take additional snapshots.
The snapshots appear at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) At the bottom of the screen, click and select Save All to Dashboard.
- Select an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add.
The snapshot is added to the selected or new dashboard.
- (Optional) Click the "X" on a snapshot to delete the snapshot.
- (Optional) Click and select Delete All to delete snapshots.