When you enable the vRealize Log Insight integrated load balancer (ILB) on a vRealize Log Insight cluster, you can configure one or more virtual IP addresses. You can optionally enable users to access the cluster via FQDN.
Verify that all vRealize Log Insight nodes and the specified Integrated Load Balancer IP address are on the same network.
The vRealize Log Insight master and worker nodes must have the same certificates. Otherwise the vRealize Log Insight Agents configured to connect through SSL reject the connection. When uploading a CA-signed certificate to vRealize Log Insight master and worker nodes, set the Common Name to ILB IP address during certificate generation request. See Generate a Certificate Signing Request.
You must synchronize the time on the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance with an NTP server. See Synchronize the Time on the Log Insight Virtual Appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Cluster.
- Under Configuration, select New Virtual IP Address and enter the virtual IP (vIP) address to use for integrated load balancing.
- (Optional) To configure multiple virtual IP addresses, click New Virtual IP Address and enter the IP Address. You can choose to enter the FQDN and tags.
Each vIP should be in the same subnet as at least one network interface on each node and the vIP must be available (not used by any other machine).
Tags let you add fields with predefined values to events for easier querying. You can add multiple comma-separated tags. All events coming into the system thru a vIP are marked with the vIP's tags.
You can configure a list of static tags (key=value) for an ILB vIP, so that each log message received from the vIP is annotated with the configured tags.
- (Optional) To enable vRealize Log Insight users to access the cluster via FQDN, point the clients to the FQDN instead of directly to the configured ILB IP address.
- Click Save.
The Integrated Load Balancer is managed by one node in the vRealize Log Insight cluster, declared the leader for that service. The current leader is denoted by the text (ILB) next to the node.