You can change the amount of memory and CPUs allocated to a vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance after deployment.
You might need to adjust resource allocation if, for example, the number of events in your environment increases.
Log in to the vSphere Client as a user who has privileges to modify the hardware of virtual machines in the environment.
Shut down the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance safely. See Power Off the vRealize Log Insight Virtual Appliance
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the vRealize Log Insight virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- On the Hardware tab, click Add.
- Adjust the amount of CPU and memory as needed.
- Review the information and click Finish.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
When you power on the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance, the virtual machine begins to utilize the new resources.