You can configure an SMTP to allow vRealize Log Insight to send email alerts.
System alerts are generated when vRealize Log Insight detects an important system event, for example when the storage capacity on the virtual appliance reaches the thresholds that you set.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Configuration, click SMTP.
- Type the SMTP server address and port number.
- If the SMTP server uses an encrypted connection, select the encryption protocol.
- In the Sender text box, type an email address to use when sending system alerts.
The Sender address appears as the From address in system notification emails. It need not be a real address, and can be something that represents the specific instance of vRealize Log Insight. For example, email@example.com.
- Type a user name and password to authenticate with the SMTP server when sending system alerts.
- Type a destination email and click Send Test Email to check the connection.
- Click Save.