You can remove a worker node that is no longer working correctly from a vRealize Log Insight cluster. Do not remove worker nodes that are operating correctly from a cluster.
Removing a node results in data loss. If a node must be removed, ensure that it has been backed up first. Avoid removing nodes within 30 minutes of adding new nodes.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Cluster.
- In the Workers table, find the node you want, click the pause icon, and click Continue.
The node is now in maintenance mode.Note:
A node in maintenance mode continues to receive logs.
- Click to remove the node.
vRealize Log Insight removes the node from the cluster and sends out an email notification.
- Once removed, a node can be bootstrapped as a standalone node or bootstrapped and joined to a cluster.