You can define a data set to provide users access to specific content.
About this task
Text-based constraints are not supported for data sets.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Access Control.
- Click Data Sets.
- Click New Data Set.
- Click Add Filter.
- Use the first drop-down menu to select a field defined within vRealize Log Insight to filter on.
For example, hostname.
The list contains all defined fields that are available statically, in content packs, and in custom content.Note:
Numeric fields contain the additional operators =, >, <, >=, and <=, which string fields do not. These operators perform numeric comparisons. Using them yields different results than using string operators. For example, the filter response_time = 02 matches an event that contains a response_time field with a value 2. The filter response_time contains 02 does not have the same match.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select the operation to apply to the field selected in the first drop-down menu.
For example, select contains. The contains filter matches full tokens: searching for the string err does not result in error as a match.
- In the filter box to the right of the filter drop-down menu, enter the value that you want to use as a filter.
You can use multiple values. The operator between these values is OR.Note:
The box is not available if you select the exists operator in the second drop-down menu.
- (Optional) To add more filters, click Add Filter.
- (Optional) To verify that the filter behavior is what you want, click Run in Interactive Analytics, which opens an interactive analytics window with data that matches your filters.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Associate a data set with a user role. See Create and Modify Roles.