An administrator can configure vRealize Log Insight to send notifications related to its own health to third-party applications.
vRealize Log Insight generates these notifications when an important system event occurs, for example when the disk space is almost exhausted and vRealize Log Insight must start deleting old log files.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Configuration, click General.
- Under the Alerts header, set the system notifications.
- In the Send HTTP Post System Notifications To text box, type the URLs to be notified.
- (Optional) Confirm that the Send a notification when capacity drops below check box and associated threshold are configured correctly for your environment.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Working with the webhook output for your notification, create a shim to map the vRealize Log Insight webhook format to the format used by your third-party application.