You can use the command line to export a vRealize Log Insight archive to a regular raw text file or in JSON format.
About this task
This is an advanced procedure. Command syntax and output formats might change in later releases of vRealize Log Insight without backward compatibility.
Verify that you have the root user credentials to log in to the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
Verify that the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance has enough disk space to accommodate the exported files.
- Establish an SSH connection to the vRealize Log Insight vApp and log in as the root user.
- Create an archive directory on the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
- Mount the shared folder on the NFS server where the archived data resides by running the following command.
mount -t nfs archive-fileshare:archive directory path /archive
- Check the available storage space on the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
- Export a vRealize Log Insight archive to a raw text file.
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –d archive-file-directory output-file
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –d /archive/2014/08/07/16/bd234b2d-df98-44ae-991a-e0562f10a49 /tmp/output.txt
- Export a vRealize Log Insight archive message content in JSON format.
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter -F –d archive-file-directory output-file.
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –F –d /archive/2014/08/07/16/bd234b2d-df98-44ae-991a-e0562f10a49 /tmp/output.json
- Close the SSH connection.