You can add a DNS search path and domain to improve the vRealize Operations Manager inventory matching.
About this task
Adding a DNS search path and domain improves matching when a virtual machine label and search domain resolve to the IP address of the host that sends log messages to vRealize Log Insight. For example, if you have a virtual machine named linux_01 in vRealize Operations Manager and the host name linux_01.company.com resolves to 192.168.10.10, then adding a search domain allows vRealize Log Insight to recognize and match that resource.
- Perform a guest shutdown of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Once the virtual machine is powered down, select Edit Settings.
- Select the Options tab.
- From vApp Options > Advanced, click Properties.
- Find the vami.searchpath.VMware_vCenter_Log_Insight and vami.domain.VMware_vCenter_Log_Insight keys.
If the keys do not exist, create them.
- Set the DNS search path and domain.
- Power on the virtual appliance.
What to do next
After vRealize Log Insight boots, you can validate the DNS configuration by logging in and viewing the contents of the /etc/resolv.conf file. Near the bottom of the file you should see the search and domain options.