You can import content packs to exchange user-defined information with other instances of vRealize Log Insight, or to upgrade your old content packs with later versions.
About this task
You can import only vRealize vRealize Log Insight Content Pack (VLCP) files.
If you import a new version of an already existing content pack, and the new version contains modified field definitions, all queries, alerts, and charts that use the modified field are updated to reflect the new definition.
When alerts from content packs are enabled, the alerts are copied to a user's profile. Users can modify the copy's description or conditions. Beginning with alert definitions instantiated in 4.0, updating a content pack, and by extension its alert definitions, updates or removes the copies to match the improved content pack. If you want to preserve any user modifications, export them as a content pack first and import back into the user profile after the update.
If you want to use Install as content pack as the import method, verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight Web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
If you want to use Import into My Content you can log in to the vRealize Log Insight Web user interface with any level of permission.
- From the drop-down menu on the upper right, select Content Packs.
- In the lower left corner, click Import Content Pack.
- Select the import method.
Install as content pack
The content is imported as a read-only content pack that is visible to all users of the vRealize Log Insight instance.Note:
Content pack dashboards are read-only. You cannot delete or rename them. However, you can clone content pack dashboards to your custom dashboard. You can clone whole dashboards or individual widgets.
Import into My Content
The content is imported as custom content to your user space, and is visible only to you. You can edit the imported content without having to clone it.Note:
Content pack metadata, such as name, author, icon, and so on, are not displayed in this mode.
Once imported in My Content, the content pack cannot be uninstalled as a pack. If you want to remove a content pack from My Content, you have to individually remove each of its elements, such as dashboards, queries, alerts, and fields.
Normal users can import content packs only in their own user spaces.
- Browse for the content pack that you want to import, and click Open.
- Click Import.
If you selected the option to import as custom content, a dialog box appears for you to select what content to import.
- (Optional) If you selected to import as custom content, use the check-boxes to select which items to import, and click Import again.
Fields that are used in imported queries, charts, and alerts are also imported.
- (Optional) For some content packs, if you are importing the content pack for the first time, you will see setup instructions pop up after the import is complete. Follow these instructions to complete the set up of the content pack.
- (Optional) For some content packs, if you are importing the content pack as an upgrade, you will see upgrade instructions pop up after the import is complete. Follow these instructions to complete the set up of the content pack.
The imported content pack is ready to use and appears in the Content Packs or the Custom Content list to the left.
Imported alerts are disabled by default. See Enable Alert Queries.