vRealize Log Insight 4.6.2 | November 13, 2018
What's in the Release NotesThe notes cover the following topics:
- About vRealize Log Insight
- What's New
- Upgrading from a Previous Release
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
About vRealize Log Insight
vRealize Log Insight delivers the best real-time and archive log management, especially for VMware environments. Machine learning-based Intelligent Grouping and high-performance search enables faster troubleshooting across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. vRealize Log Insight can analyze terabytes of logs, discover structure in unstructured data, and deliver enterprise-wide visibility using a modern web interface.
For more information, see the vRealize Log Insight documentation at https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Log-Insight/index.html.
For information about the following release notes topics, see vRealize Log Insight 4.6 Release Notes.
- Release 4.6.2 includes changes introduced in release 4.6 and 4.6.1. Consult the What's New section of vRealize Log Insight 4.6 Release Notes and vRealize Log Insight 4.6.1 Release Notes for information about release 4.6 and 4.6.1 changes.
- Release 4.6.2 includes fixes to address potential security issues for configuration modification done with admin privileges.
Keep in mind the following considerations when upgrading to this version of vRealize Log Insight.
You can upgrade to 4.6.2 directly from vRealize Log Insight 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.6 or 4.6.1. If you are running an earlier version of vRealize Log Insight, you must first incrementally upgrade your installation to a minimum of release 4.5.
Important Upgrade Notes
- To upgrade to vRealize Log Insight 4.6.2, you must be running vRealize Log Insight 4.5 or later.
- When performing a manual upgrade, you must upgrade workers one at a time. Upgrading multiple workers at the same time causes an upgrade failure. When you upgrade the master node to vRealize Log Insight 4.6.2, a rolling upgrade occurs unless specifically disabled.
- Upgrading must be done from the master node's FQDN. Upgrading with the Integrated Load Balancer IP address is not supported.
- vRealize Log Insight does not support two-node clusters. Add a third vRealize Log Insight node of the same version as the existing two nodes before performing an upgrade.
- If the vRealize Log Insight upgrade (.pak file) has a new JRE version, then the user-installed certificates in a vRealize Log Insight setup (such as for event forwarding) become invisible after upgrade.
See vRealize Log Insight 4.6 release notes for information about resolved issues in this release.
See vRealize Log Insight 4.6 release notes for information about known issues in this release.