You can remove a worker node that is no longer working correctly from a vRealize Log Insight cluster. Do not remove worker nodes that are operating correctly from a cluster.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Cluster.
- In the Workers table, find the node you want, click the pause icon, and click Continue.
The node is now in maintenance mode.Note: A node in maintenance mode continues to receive logs.
- Click to remove the node.
vRealize Log Insight removes the node from the cluster and sends out an email notification.
- Once removed, a node can be bootstrapped as a standalone node or bootstrapped and joined to a cluster.