When you configure the SMTP server with the STARTTLS option enabled, test emails fail. Add your SSL certificate for the SMTP server to the Java truststore to resolve the problem.
- Verify that you have the root user credentials to log in to the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- If you plan to connect to the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance by using SSH, verify that TCP port 22 is open.
- Establish an SSH connection to the vRealize Log Insight vApp and log in as the root user.
- Copy the SSL certificate for the SMTP server to the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
- Run the following command.
`/usr/java/latest/bin/keytool -import -alias certificate_name -file path_to_certificate -keystore /usr/java/latest/lib/security/cacerts`Note: The outer quotes are inserted by using the back quote symbol that is on the same key as tilde on your keyboard. Do not use single quotes.
- Enter the default the password changeit.
- Run the service loginsight restart command.