Users that are given the Super Admin role can create user accounts to provide access to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
Verify that you have configured VMware Identity Manager or Active Directory support if you are creating user accounts that use either of these types of authentication. See Enable User Authentication Through VMware Identity Manager and Enable User Authentication Through Active Directory
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Access Control.
- Click Users/Users and Groups.
- Click New User.
- Select an item from the Authentication drop-down menu.
- If you are using the default, built-in authentication, enter a user name, password, and, optionally, an email address. Copy the password from the Password text box and provide it to the user.
- If you are using Active Directory or VMware Identity Manager authentication, enter the domain to which the user belongs, a user name, and optionally, the email address for the user name account.
- From the Roles list on the right, select one or more predefined or custom user roles.
Option Description User Users can access the full functionality of vRealize Log Insight. You can view log events, run queries to search and filter logs, import content packs into their own user space, add alert queries, and manage your own user accounts to change a password or email address. Users do not have access to the administration options, cannot share content with other users, cannot modify the accounts of other users, and cannot install a content pack from the Marketplace. However, you can import a content pack into your own user space which is visible only to you. Dashboard User Dashboard users can only use the Dashboards page of vRealize Log Insight. View Only Admin View Admin users can view Admin information, have full User access, and can edit Shared content. Super Admin Super Admin users can access the full functionality of vRealize Log Insight, can administer vRealize Log Insight, and can manage the accounts of all other users.
- Click Save.
- For built-in authentication, the information is saved locally.
- For authentication with VMware Identity Manager, vRealize Log Insight verifies whether VMware Identity Manager is synchronized with the specified group and its domain. If the group cannot be found, a dialog box informs you that vRealize Log Insight cannot verify that group. You can save the group without verification or cancel to correct the group name or domain.