vRealize Log Insight includes a built-in notification that you can use to learn about which hosts have been inactive for a specified period of time.
You enable the notification from the Hosts screen and specify a threshold that triggers the notification. You can apply this to all hosts or to smaller list of hosts.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Hosts.
Note: If you have configured a vCenter Server to send events and alarms, but have not configured the individual ESXi hosts to send logs, the Hostname column lists both the vCenter Server and the individual ESXi hosts as the source instead of listing just the vCenter Server.
- Select Inactive hosts notification on the Hosts page to display a form for configuring when and for which hosts the notification should be sent.
- Specify how long the host should be inactive before sending a notification.
Values can range from 10 minutes to the maximum of the host Time to Live (TTL) period, for which the default is three months.For example
Send alert listing hosts that are inactive for 8 hours of last received event.
- You control which hosts are monitored for notification with the Inactive hosts notification whitelist setting. When this setting is not selected, notifications are sent for all inactive hosts.
- To have notifications sent for all inactive hosts, clear the check box.
- To have notifications sent for only some inactive hosts, select Inactive hosts notification whitelist and specify the host names in a comma-separated list.
- Click Save.
System notifications are sent to the address specified on the Configuration>SMTP Server page when a host is inactive for longer than the specified limit.