You can change the network settings of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance by editing the vApp properties in the vSphere Client.
For more information on configuring vApps, see https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/index.html
Verify that you have permissions to edit vApp properties.
- Power off the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Right-click the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance in the inventory and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and select .
- Select an IP allocation option.
Option Description Fixed IP addresses are manually configured. No automatic allocation is performed. Transient IP addresses are automatically allocated using IP pools from a specified range when the vApp is powered on. The IP addresses are released when the appliance is powered off DHCP A DHCP server is used to allocate the IP addresses. The addresses assigned by the DHCP server are visible in the OVF environments of virtual machines started in the vApp.
- (Optional) If you select Fixed, click and assign an IP address, netmask, gateway, DNS and host name for the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
Caution: Do not specify more than two domain name servers. If you specify more than two domain name servers, all configured domain name servers are ignored in the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Power on the vRealize Log Insight vApp.