You can create custom roles or modify predefined roles to allow users to perform certain tasks and access specific content.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Access Control.
- Click Roles.
- Click New Role or to edit an existing role.
You must clone Super Admin and User roles first before you can edit them.
- Modify the Name and Description text boxes.
- Select one or more permissions from the Permissions list.
Option Description Edit Admin Can edit Admin information and settings View Admin Can view Admin information and settings Edit Shared Can edit shared content Analytics Can use Interactive Analytics Dashboard Can view Dashboards
- (Optional) From the Data Sets list on the right, select a data set to associate with the user role.
- Click Save.