If vRealize Log Insight does not operate as expected because of a problem, you can send a copy of the log and configuration files to VMware Support Services in the form of a support bundle.
Downloading a cluster-wide support bundle is necessary only if requested by VMware Support Services. You can create the bundle either statically, which uses disk space on the node, or by streaming, which uses no disk space on the node and stores the bundle on your initiating machine by default.
The storage location for the support bundle depends on the option that you use to get the support bundle:
|Option||Support Bundle Location|
|API - POST appliance/vm-support-bundle||This is a streaming version with no local file.|
|API - POST appliance/support-bundle||/tmp/ui-support/|
|Web user interface - Static support bundle||/tmp/ui-support/|
|Web user interface - Streaming support bundle||This is a streaming version with no local file.|
|Command line - scripts/loginsight-support||The bundle is generated in the current directory.|
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission. The URL format is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Cluster.
- Under the Support header, click Download Support Bundle.
The vRealize Log Insight system collects the diagnostic information and sends the data to your browser in a compressed tarball.
- Choose the method to create the bundle.
- Select Static support bundle to create a bundle locally. Creation of the bundle consumes disk space on the node.
- Select Streaming support bundle to start streaming the support bundle immediately. This method uses no disk space on the node.
- Click Continue.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- Select a location to which you want to save the tarball archive and click Save.
What to do next
You can review the contents of log files for error messages. When you resolve or close issues, delete the outdated support bundle to save disk space.