You can use the command line to export a vRealize Log Insight archive to a regular raw text file or in JSON format.
Note: This is an advanced procedure. Command syntax and output formats might change in later releases of vRealize Log Insight without backward compatibility.
- Verify that you have the root user credentials to log in to the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Verify that the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance has enough disk space to accommodate the exported files.
- Establish an SSH connection to the vRealize Log Insight vApp and log in as the root user.
- Create an archive directory on the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
- Mount the shared folder on the NFS server where the archived data resides by running the following command.
mount -t nfs archive-fileshare:archive directory path /archive
- Check the available storage space on the vRealize Log Insight vApp.
- Export a vRealize Log Insight archive to a raw text file.
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –d archive-file-directory output-fileFor example,
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –d /archive/2014/08/07/16/bd234b2d-df98-44ae-991a-e0562f10a49 /tmp/output.txt
- Export a vRealize Log Insight archive message content in JSON format.
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter -F –d archive-file-directory output-file.For example,
/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/repo-exporter –F –d /archive/2014/08/07/16/bd234b2d-df98-44ae-991a-e0562f10a49 /tmp/output.json
- Close the SSH connection.