You can configure alert queries in vRealize Log Insight to send email notifications when specific data appears in the logs.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface. The URL format is https://log_insight-host, where log_insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Verify that an administrator has configured SMTP to enable email notifications. See Configure the SMTP Server for Log Insight.
- On the Interactive Analytics tab, run the query for which you want notifications to be sent .
- On the right of the Search button, click and select Create Alert from Query.
- In the Add Alert dialog box, type a name for the alert, and provide a short meaningful description of the event that triggers the alert.
The alert name and description are included in the email that vRealize Log Insight sends.
- Select the Email check-box and type the email address to which you want vRealize Log Insight to send the notifications.
Use commas to separate multiple addresses.
- Set the alert threshold as described in Define an Alert Query.
- Click Save.
What to do next
You can enable, disable, or delete your saved alerts.
Note: Alert queries are user specific. You can manage only your own alerts. You must be assigned a Super Admin role to manage other users alerts.