You can configure an SMTP to allow vRealize Log Insight to send email notifications.
System notifications are generated when vRealize Log Insight detects an important system event, for example when the storage capacity on the virtual appliance reaches the thresholds that you set.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a Super Admin user, or a user associated with a role that has the relevant permissions. See Create and Modify Roles for more information. The URL format of the web user interface is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Expand the main menu and navigate to Configuration > SMTP.
- Enter the SMTP server address and port number.
- If the SMTP server uses an encrypted connection, select the encryption protocol.
- In the Sender text box, type an email address to use when sending system notifications.
The Sender address appears as the From address in system notification emails. It need not be a real address, and can be something that represents the specific instance of vRealize Log Insight. For example, email@example.com.
- Type a user name and password to authenticate with the SMTP server when sending system notifications.
- Type a destination email and click Send Test Email to verify the connection.
- If the SMTP server provides an untrusted SSL certificate, a dialog box appears with the details of the certificate. Click Accept to add the certificate to the truststores of all the nodes in the vRealize Log Insight cluster.
If you click Cancel, the certificate is not added to the truststores and the connection with the SMTP server fails. You must accept the certificate for a successful connection.
- Click Save.
If you did not test the connection and the SMTP server provides an untrusted certificate, follow the instructions in step 7.