You can change the amount of memory and CPUs allocated to a vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance after deployment.
You might need to adjust resource allocation if, for example, the number of events in your environment increases.
- Log in to the vSphere Client as a user who has privileges to modify the hardware of virtual machines in the environment.
- Shut down the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance safely. See Power off the vRealize Log Insight Virtual Appliance
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the vRealize Log Insight virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- On the Hardware tab, click Add.
- Adjust the amount of CPU and memory as needed.
- Review the information and click Finish.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
When you power on the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance, the virtual machine begins to utilize the new resources.