You can join or leave the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) after deploying vRealize Log Insight.
You choose whether to participate in the CEIP when you install vRealize Log Insight. After installation, you can join or leave the program by following these steps.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a Super Admin user, or a user associated with a role that has the relevant permissions. See Create and Modify Roles for more information. The URL format of the web user interface is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- Navigate to the Administration tab.
- Under Configuration, click General.
- Under Customer Experience Improvement Program, select or clear the Join the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program check box.
When selected, the option activates the program for your organization and sends data to VMware.Note: If you join the CEIP, vRealize Log Insight uses a third-party tool called Pendo to collect analytics cookies. Pendo collects data based on your interaction with the user interface by tracking where you click, to help VMware understand how vRealize Log Insight is used. This data is used to improve the VMware services and design them better. For more information, see the Privacy Notice.
- Click Save.
What to do next
- If the user clicks Accept, Pendo collects their data and sends it to VMware.
- If the user clicks Decline, Pendo does not collect their data.