Events, tasks, and alerts are structured data with specific meaning. You can configure vRealize Log Insight to collect alarms, events, and tasks data from one or more vCenter Server systems.
You use the Integration UI to configure vRealize Log Insight to connect to vCenter Server systems. The information is pulled from the vCenter Server systems by using the vSphere Web Services API and appears as a vSphere content pack in the vRealize Log Insight web user interface.
Note that vSphere 6.5 has a new native high availability solution. For more information on HA and the use of load balancers, see the white paper What's New in VMware vSphere 6.5 available on www.vmware.com.
- Expand the main menu and navigate to Integration > vSphere.
- In the vCenter Server table, locate the vCenter Server instance from which you want to collect data.
- Select the Collect vCenter Server events, tasks, and alarms check box in the opened edit view.
- Click Save.
vRealize Log Insight connects to the vCenter Server every two minutes and ingests all new information since the last successful poll.
What to do next
- Analyze vSphere events using the vSphere content pack or custom queries.
- Enable vSphere content pack alerts or custom alerts.