Define an exception rule for unblocking the Log Insight Windows Agent in the Windows firewall.
The procedure applies to Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, and to Windows 7 and later.
- Verify that you have an administrator account or an account with administrative privileges.
- Select .
- Type wf.msc and click OK.
- Right-click Outbound rules in the left pane and click New Rule.
- Select Custom and follow the wizard to set the following options.
Option Description Program liwinsvc.exe Service LogInsightAgentService Protocol and Ports TCP 9000 for cfapi and 514 for syslog
- On the Specify the profiles for which this rule applies page, select the appropriate network type.
Note: You can select all network types to make sure that the exception rule is active regardless of the network type.
What to do next
Go to the Log Insight Windows Agent log directory %ProgramData%\VMware\Log Insight Agent\log and open the latest log file. If recent events contain the messages Config transport error: Couldn't resolve host name and Resolver failed. No such host is known, restart the Log Insight Windows Agent service and the Windows machine.