To see the issues that might cause problems for an object in a vRealize Operations Manager instance, create a dashboard.
About this task
Create a dashboard that shows the objects and their health status for a vCenter Server. See Create a Dashboard to View Object Status.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Content icon and click Dashboards.
- Click the Create Dashboard icon to create a dashboard and configure the dashboard.
Enter Detailed Object Status.
Select whether this dashboard is the default for this vRealize Operations Manager instance.
- Click Widget List.
- To locate specific widgets, use the Filter option in the widgets list.
- Drag the widgets to the right panel.
The widgets are added to the dashboard.
Shows a list of all defined resources.
Shows a line chart with the recent performance of the selected metrics.
Shows a list of alerts for the objects that the widget is configured to monitor. If no objects are configure, the list displays all alerts in your environment.
Brings together disparate pieces of information for a resource. It shows a health chart, an anomaly count graph, and metric graphs for key performance indicators (KPIs). This widget is typically used for a container.
- Click Widget Interactions.
- From the Selected Object(s) drop-down menu next to the Metric Chart, Mashup Chart, and Alert List, select Object List.
The widgets update depending on the object selected in the Object List widget.
- Click Apply Interactions.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Create a dashboard to dashboard navigation. See Configure Dashboard Navigation.