As part of managing or maintaining the nodes in your vRealize Operations Manager cluster, you might need to log in to a vRealize Operations Manager node through a remote console.
About this task
For security, remote login is disabled in vRealize Operations Manager by default. To enable remote login, take the following steps.
- Locate the node console in vCenter or by direct access. In vCenter, use Alt+F1 to access the login prompt.
- Log in as root. If this is the first time logging in, you must set a root password.
- When prompted for a password, press Enter.
- When prompted for the old password, press Enter.
- When prompted for the new password, enter the root password that you want, and note it for future reference.
- Re-enter the root password.
- To enable remote login, enter the following command:
service sshd start