It's a good practice to create a snapshot of each node in a cluster before you update a vRealize Operations Manager cluster. Once the update is complete, you must delete the snapshot to avoid performance degradation.
For more information about snapshots, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
- Log into the vRealize Operations Manager Administrator interface at
- Select a node in the cluster.
- Click Take Offline.
Repeat for each node.
- When all nodes are offline, open the vSphere client.
- Right-click a vRealize Operations Manager virtual machine.
- Click Snapshot and then click Take Snapshot.
- Name the snapshot. Use a meaningful name such as "Pre-Update."
- Uncheck the Snapshot the Virtual Machine Memory check box.
- Uncheck the Ensure Quiesce Guest File System (Needs VMware Tools installed) check box.
- Click OK.
- Repeat these steps for each node in the cluster.
What to do next
Start the update process as described in Install a Software Update.