Use this procedure to configure remote monitoring of an object.
About this task
Configuration options are defined in HTTP Configuration Options, ICMP Configuration Optionsand TCP Configuration Options. You might need to refer to this information when you are completing this procedure.
- In the vRealize Operations Manager user interface, select the remote object to monitor.
- On the details page for the object, select Monitor this Object Remotely from the Actions menu.
- In the Monitor Remote Object dialog, select the Endpoint Operations Management agent that will remotely monitor the object from the Monitored From menu.
- Select the method with which the remote object will be monitored from the Check Method menu.
The relevant parameters for the selected object type appear.
- Enter values for all of the configuration options and click OK.