You add an SNMP Trap plug-in when you want to configure vRealize Operations Manager to log alerts on an existing SNMP Trap server in your environment.
All filtering of the alerts that are sent as SNMP traps must occur on the destination host.
Ensure that you have an SNMP Trap server configured in your environment, and that you know the IP address or host name, port number, and community that it uses.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration icon.
- Click Outbound Settings and click the plus sign to add a plug-in.
- From the Plug-In Type drop-down menu, select SNMP Trap.
The dialog box expands to include your SNMP trap settings.
- Type an Instance Name.
- Configure the SNMP trap settings appropriate to your environment.
IP address or fully qualified domain name of the SNMP management system to which you are sending alerts.
Port used to connect to the SNMP management system. Default port is 162.
Text string that allows access to the statistics. SNMP Community strings are used only by devices that support SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c protocol.
- Click Save.
- To start the outbound alert service for this plug-in, select the instance in the list and click Enable on the toolbar.
This instance of the SNMP Trap plug-in is configured and running.
What to do next
When the plug-in is started, the alerts are sent to the SNMP server. Verify that the server receives the SNMP traps.