To view the status of all objects of a vRealize Operations Manager instance, create a dashboard.
About this task
Each widget in a dashboard has a specific configuration. For more information about the widgets, see Widget Definitions List.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Content icon and click Dashboards.
- Click the Create Dashboard icon to create and configure a dashboard.
Enter Environment Health.
Select whether this dashboard is the default for this vRealize Operations Manager instance.
- Click Widget List.
- To locate the Environment Overview widget, use the Filter option in the widgets list.
- Select the Environment Overview widget and drag it to the right panel.
The widget is added to the dashboard.
- In the upper-right corner of the widget, click the pencil icon and configure the widget.
Retain the default.
Select On. The widget refreshes its data depending on the refresh interval.
On. You define the objects for which data appears in the widget.
Off. You configure other widgets to provide the objects to the widget using the dashboard widget interactions options.
Refresh interval value
Retain the default
- Click the Config tab.
- In the Filter text box, enter vCenter Server.
The filter limits the list to only vCenter Server instances.
- In the objects list, select a vCenter Server instance to monitor.
The Selected Object text field shows the selected object.
- Click Save.
- In the widgets list, select the Health Chart widget and drag it to the left panel to add it to the dashboard.
- Click Widget Interactions.
- From the Selected Object(s) drop-down menu next to Health Chart, select Environment Overview and click Apply Interactions.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Create a dashboard that shows the detailed status for a selected object. See Create a Detailed Object Status Dashboard.