You add a Smarts SAM Notification plug-in when you want to configure vRealize Operations Manager to send alert notifications to EMC Smarts Server Assurance Manager.
About this task
This outbound alert option is useful when you manage the same objects in Server Assurance Manager and in vRealize Operations Manager, and you added the EMC Smarts management pack and configured the solution in vRealize Operations Manager. Although you cannot filter the alerts sent to Service Assurance Manager in vRealize Operations Manager, you can configure the Smarts plug-in to send the alerts to the Smarts Open Integration server. You then configure the Open Integration server to filter the alerts from vRealize Operations Manager, and send only those that pass the filter test to the Smarts Service Assurance Manager service.
Verify that you configured the EMC Smarts solution. For documentation regarding EMC Smarts integration, see https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store.
Ensure that you have the EMC Smarts Broker and Server Assurance Manager instance host name or IP address, user name, and password.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration icon.
- Click Outbound Settings and click the plus sign to add a plug-in.
- From the Plug-In Type drop-down menu, select Smarts SAM Notification.
The dialog box expands to include your Smarts settings.
- Enter an Instance Name.
This is the name that identifies this instance that you select when you later configure notification rules.
- Configure the Smarts SAM notification settings appropriate for your environment.
Type the host name or IP address of the EMC Smarts Broker that manages registry for the Server Assurance Manager instance to which you want the notifications sent.
If the Smarts broker is configured as Secure Broker, type the user name for the Broker account.
If the Smarts broker is configured as Secure Broker, type the password for the Broker user account.
Type the host name or IP address of the Server Assurance Manager server to which you are sending the notifications.
Type the user name for the Server Assurance Manager server instance. This account must have read and write permissions for the notifications on the Smarts server as specified in the SAM Server.
Type the password for the Server Assurance Manager server account.
- Click Save.
- Modify the Smarts SAM plug-in properties file.
- Open the properties file at: /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/outbound/vcops-smartsalert-plugin/conf/plugin.properties
- Add the following string to the properties file:
- Save the properties file.
- To start the outbound alert service for this plug-in, select the instance in the list and click Enable on the toolbar.
This instance of the Smarts SAM Notifications plug-in is configured and running.
What to do next
In Smarts Service Assurance Manager, configure your Notification Log Console to filter the alerts from vRealize Operations Manager. To configure the filtering for Service Assurance Manager, see the EMC Smarts Service Assurance Manager documentation.