To finish a new vRealize Operations Manager installation, you log in and complete a one-time process to license the product and configure solutions for the kinds of objects that you want to monitor.
Before you begin
Create the new cluster of vRealize Operations Manager nodes.
Verify that the cluster has enough capacity to monitor your environment. See Sizing the vRealize Operations Manager Cluster.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the master node.
- Enter the username admin and the password that you defined when you configured the master node, and click Login.
Because this is the first time you are logging in, the administration interface appears.
- To start the cluster, click Start vRealize Operations Manager.
- Click Yes.
The cluster might take from 10 to 30 minutes to start, depending on your environment. Do not make changes or perform any actions on cluster nodes while the cluster is starting.
- When the cluster finishes starting and the product login page appears, enter the admin username and password again, and click Login.
A one-time licensing wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement, and click Next.
- Enter your product key, or select the option to run vRealize Operations Manager in evaluation mode.
Your level of product license determines what solutions you may install to monitor and manage objects.
Standard. vCenter only
Advanced. vCenter plus other infrastructure solutions
Enterprise. All solutions
vRealize Operations Manager does not license managed objects in the same way that vSphere does, so there is no object count when you license the product.Note:
When you transition to the Standard edition, you no longer have the Advanced and Enterprise features. After the transition, delete any content that you created in the other versions to ensure that you comply with EULA and verify the license key which supports the Advanced and Enterprise features.
- If you entered a product key, click Validate License Key.
- Click Next.
- Select whether or not to return usage statistics to VMware, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
The one-time wizard finishes, and the vRealize Operations Manager interface appears.
What to do next
Use the vRealize Operations Manager interface to configure the solutions that are included with the product.
Use the vRealize Operations Manager interface to add more solutions.
Use the vRealize Operations Manager interface to add monitoring policies.