You activate the vRealize Operations Manager product or its additional solutions by registering licenses.
Before you begin
Know the name and location of the software update PAK file.
Before you install the PAK file, or upgrade your vRealize Operations Manager instance, clone any customized content to preserve it. Customized content can include alert definitions, symptom definitions, recommendations, and views. Then, during the software update, you select the options named Install the PAK file even if it is already installed and Reset out-of-the-box content.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the vRealize Operations Manager administration interface at https://master-node-name-or-ip-address/admin.
- Log in with the admin username and password for the master node.
- On the left, click Software Update.
- Click Install a Software Update.
- Follow the wizard to locate and install your copy of update-filename.pak.
Installation completes in a couple of minutes, and the administrator interface logs you out. If you are not logged out automatically after 5 minutes, refresh the page in your browser.
- Log back in to the master node administrator interface, and click Software Update again.
- Verify that update name appears on the right. If the update does not appear, wait a few minutes, and refresh the page in your browser.