To create an alert definition that is also a compliance standard, you first configure the name, base object type, and the alert impact.
The name of the alert is the name of the standard on the Compliance tab.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Content icon.
- Click Alert Definitions and click the plus sign to add a definition.
- Type a name and description.
In this scenario, enter Organization Host Compliance Standards.
- Click Base Object Type, expand vCenter Adapter in the drop-down menu, and select Host System.
- Click Alert Impact and configure the metadata for this alert definition.
- From the Impact drop-down menu, select Risk.
- From the Criticality drop-down menu, select Symptom Based.
- From the Alert Type and Subtype drop-down menu, expand Virtualization/Hypervisor and select Compliance.
Any alert where you use the Compliance subtype is processed as a compliance standard.
- Configure the Wait Cycle and Cancel Cycle with a value of 1.
What to do next
Add the symptoms that act as the compliance rules. See Add Symptoms to the Host Compliance Standard.