Display and override the analysis settings for the Datastore objects that your new policy will monitor.
Before you begin
Create your policy and select the base policies to inherit and override the settings for your new policy. See Create Your Policy and Select a Base Policy.
About this task
In this step, you override the capacity remaining and time remaining settings for your new policy, and override the capacity score symptom thresholds so that vRealize Operations Manager triggers an alert and notifies you of potential problems with the capacity of your Datastore objects.
- In the policy workspace, click Analysis Settings.
- Click the Show changes for drop-down menu, click vCenter Adapter - Datastore, and click the Show object type filter.
The vCenter Adapter - Datastore object type appears in the Object types list, and the analysis settings for Datastore objects appear in the right pane. The policy elements include thresholds and settings for all of the analysis capabilities, such as Workload, Stress, Usable Capacity, and so on.
- Click the policy element override button for the Capacity Remaining and Time Remaining element to turn on this policy element.
The button changes to a check mark, and the policy element becomes active so that you can override the settings.
- Click and drag the settings on the Capacity Score Symptom Threshold slider to 10% for warning (red), 15% for caution (orange), and 20% for normal (green).
When these thresholds are violated for the Datastore objects in your environment, vRealize Operations Manager triggers an alert and notifies you of a potential problem with the capacity of your Datastore objects.
- Click the policy element override button for the Usable Capacity element to turn on this policy element, click the arrow to expand the policy element view, and select the Use High Availability (HA) Configuration check box.
When you use High Availability, you ensure that vRealize Operations Manager provides enough resources for your Datastore objects to handle throughput and potential loss of data.
What to do next
Enable the disk space attributes for datastore objects.