You can perform remote installations to deploy multiple agents that use a single agent.properties file one-by-one.
Before you begin
Verify that the prerequisites in Install Multiple Endpoint Operations Management Agents Simultaneously are satisfied.
Verify that you configured a standard agent properties file and copied it to the agent installation, or to a location available to the agent installation.
- Log in to the installation server user account that you configured with permissions to use SSH to connect to each target platform without requiring a password.
- Use SSH to connect to the remote platform.
- Copy the agent archive to the agent host.
- Unpack the agent archive.
- Copy the agent.properties file to the AgentHome/conf directory of the unpacked agent archive on the remote platform.
- Start the new agent.
The agent registers with the vRealize Operations Manager server and the agent runs an autodiscovery scan to discover its host platform and supported managed products that are running on the platform.