To generate a report on a selected date, time, and recurrence you create a schedule for the Virtual Machines Report template. You set the email options to send the generated report to your team.
The date range for the generated report is based on the time when vRealize Operations Manager generates the report and not on the time when you schedule the report or when vRealize Operations Manager places the report in the queue.
Download the generated report to verify the output.
To enable sending email reports, you must have configured Outbound Alert Settings. See Notifications.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Environment icon.
- Navigate to the object vCenter Server .
- Click the Reports tab and click Report Templates.
- Select the Virtual Machines Report template from the list.
- Click the gear icon () and select Schedule report.
- Select the time zone, date, and hour to start the report generation.
vRealize Operations Manager generates the scheduled reports in sequential order. Generating a report can take several hours. This process might delay the start time of a report when the previous report takes an extended period of time.
- From the Recurrence drop-down menu, select Weekly and set the report generation for every two weeks on Monday.
- Select the Email report check box to send an email with the generated report.
- In the Email addresses text box, enter the email addresses that must receive the report.
- Select an outbound rule.
An email is sent according to this schedule every time a report is generated.
- Click Ok.
What to do next
You can edit, clone, and delete report templates. Before you do, familiarize yourself with the consequences of these actions.
When you edit a report template and delete it, all reports generated from the original and the edited templates are deleted. When you clone a report template, the changes that you make to the clone do not affect the source template. When you delete a report template, all generated reports are also deleted.