After you install vRealize Operations Manager, you secure the console of each node in the cluster by logging in for the first time.
- Locate the node console in vCenter or by direct access. In vCenter, use Alt+F1 to access the login prompt.
For security, vRealize Operations Manager remote terminal sessions are disabled by default.
- Log in as root.
vRealize Operations Manager prevents you from accessing the command prompt until you create a root password.
- When prompted for a password, press Enter.
- When prompted for the old password, press Enter.
- When prompted for the new password, enter the root password that you want, and note it for future reference.
- Re-enter the root password.
- Log out of the console.