Identify the virtual machines that waste resources because of idle, oversized, or powered-off virtual machine states or because of snapshots.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click Environment.
- Select vSphere World.
- Click the Heat Map tab under the Details tab.
- Select the For each datastore, which VMs have the most wasted disk space? heat map.
- In the heat map, point to each virtual machine to view the waste statistics.
- If a color other than green indicates a potential problem, click Details for the virtual machine in the pop-up window and investigate the disk space and I/O resources.
What to do next
Identify the red, orange, or yellow virtual machines with the highest amount of wasted space.