After you install vRealize Operations Manager, you must log in for the first time and secure the console of each node in the cluster.
Install vRealize Operations Manager.
- Locate the node console in vCenter or by direct access.
In vCenter, press Alt+F1 to access the login prompt. For security reasons, vRealize Operations Manager remote terminal sessions are disabled by default.
- Log in as root.
vRealize Operations Manager does not allow you to access the command prompt until you create a root password.
- At the password prompt, press Enter.
- At the old password prompt, press Enter.
- At the prompt for a new password, enter the root password that you want and note it for future reference.
- Reenter the root password.
- Log out of the console.