After you install vRealize Operations Manager, you must log in for the first time and secure the console of each node in the cluster.
Before you begin
Install vRealize Operations Manager.
- Locate the node console in vCenter or by direct access.
In vCenter, press Alt+F1 to access the login prompt. For security reasons, vRealize Operations Manager remote terminal sessions are disabled by default.
- Log in as root.
vRealize Operations Manager does not allow you to access the command prompt until you create a root password.
- At the password prompt, press Enter.
- At the old password prompt, press Enter.
- At the prompt for a new password, enter the root password that you want and note it for future reference.
- Reenter the root password.
- Log out of the console.