vRealize Operations Manager provides two preconfigured alerts designed to work with the Workload Balance feature. You must take additional action in the Policies area to turn on the alerts and automate them so that recommended actions are executed when the alerts fire.
About this task
The following preconfigured alerts are designed to work with the Workload Balance feature:
Data center may require rebalance to relieve heavy resource utilization in one or more clusters
Custom data center may require rebalance to relieve heavy resource utilization in one or more clusters
Ensure you have all required permissions to access the Workload Balance UI and manage vCenter Server objects.
- Select Administration from the menu, then Policies from the left pane.
- Click Policy Library and select the policy that includes settings for the relevant datacenters and custom datacenters, for example, vSphere Solution’s Default Policy.
- Click Edit.
- Click the object grouping containing the relevant datacenters, for example, vCenter Adapter Cluster Compute Resource:
- Click #6 on the lower left, Alert/Symptom Definitions.
- Search on "may require rebalance" to locate the two alerts you want.
- The alerts are turned ON by default/inheritance (State column).
- The alerts are not automated by default/inheritance (Automate column). To automate the alerts, click the menu symbol to the right of the inherited value and select the green check mark.
Workload Balance should be fully automated for your environment.
What to do next
Monitor rebalance activity at the Workload Balance screen to confirm that actions are taken automatically.