It's a good practice to create a snapshot of each node in a cluster before you update a vRealize Operations Manager cluster. Once the update is complete, you must delete the snapshot to avoid performance degradation.
About this task
For more information about snapshots, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
- Log into the vRealize Operations Manager Administrator interface at
- Click Take Offline under the cluster status.
- When all nodes are offline, open the vSphere client.
- Right-click a vRealize Operations Manager virtual machine.
- Click Snapshot and then click Take Snapshot.
- Name the snapshot. Use a meaningful name such as "Pre-Update."
- Uncheck the Snapshot the Virtual Machine Memory check box.
- Uncheck the Ensure Quiesce Guest File System (Needs VMware Tools installed) check box.
- Click OK.
- Repeat these steps for each node in the cluster.
What to do next
Start the update process as described in Install a Software Update.