Virtual machine projects assess the consequences of adding a new virtual machine to a cluster or host, without applying the actual changes to your virtual environment.
For information about relevant CPU and memory maximums, see the VMware vSphere documentation.
- In the menu click Environment, then click Inventory and select a destination object in the tree.
Alternatively, in the left pane drill down to find the object you want.
If you implement your scenario, the destination object is a cluster or host where you locate the new virtual machines.
- Click the Projects tab and click the Add New Project icon.
- From the Projects workspace, enter the name and a description of the project.
- Select the Planned status.
- To add scenarios to this project, click Scenarios.
- Select the add Virtual Machine scenario and drag it to the Scenarios area.
- Set the virtual machine count and the configuration for the virtual machine.
vRealize Operations Manager does not require you to set the disk I/O and network I/O use of the new virtual machines. vRealize Operations Manager uses the average disk I/O and network I/O use across virtual machines in the host or cluster as an estimation of the new virtual machine use.
- To see the effect in the visualization chart when your configuration selections are finished, click Save project and continue editing.
- To add the scenario to the project, click Save.
- To close the Project workspace, click Close.
Clicking Close discards all changes. Clicking Save project and continue editing persists any changes that were not previously saved.
vRealize Operations Manager applies the project to the object you selected. The project shows the current capacity compared to the expected capacity when you add the virtual machines to the target object.