You can manage the application services supported by VMware Application Proxy, on the VMs where the agents are installed.
- Select a VM on which the agent has been installed and the application services have been discovered, from the Agent Management tab.
- Select Manage Service and then from the drop-down menu select the service name. You see the Plugin Activation dialog box.
- By default, all metrics are collected for the activated application service.
- Activate data collection for the application service.
- Enter the relevant settings for the application service.
- Click Confirm.
Fields with a star are mandatory.
The green dot against the service in the Services Discovered column in the Agent Management tab indicates that the agent has accepted the configuration details. It does not indicate that the agent is collecting data.
For information about supported application services and their properties, see Supported Application Services in the VMware Application Proxy Guide on Solution Exchange.
What to do next
You can view the metrics collected for each application service in the Wavefront dashboards.