You must select the VMs on which you want to install the agent. If you have upgraded an existing installation of VMware Application Proxy, reinstall the agents that you have previously installed.
Time synchronization between VMware Application Proxy, vRealize Operations Manager, ESX hosts, and Windows and Linux target VMs is mandatory for secure communication.
Account Privilege Prerequisites
Windows end points. To install agents,
The user must be either an administrator, or
A non-administrator who belongs to the administrator group with UAC disabled on the operating system.
To disable UAC (previously known as LUA) on Windows, complete the following step:
In the registry path HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, set the value for the key EnableLUA to 0.
Reboot the machine for the changes to take effect.
Linux end points. To install agents,
The user must be a root user, or
A non-root user with the following capability:
Password-less sudo elevation access for a non-root user or a non-root user group.
To enable password-less sudo elevation access for a user called NRU, add NRU ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL to /etc/sudoers.
To enable password-less sudo elevation access for a user group called NRUG, add %NRUG ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL to /etc/sudoers.
- From the Manage Agents in Virtual Machines panel, select . You see the Manage Agent dialog box.
- From the How do you want to provide VM Credentials page, complete the following steps:
- If you have a common user name and password for all the VMs, select the Common username and password option.
- If you have different user names and passwords for all the VMs, select the Enter virtual machine credentials option.
- Click Next.
- From the Provide Credentials page, depending on whether you have a common credential for all VMs or different credentials for all VMs, enter the following details:
- If the selected VMs have a common user name and password, enter the common user name and password.
- For different user names and passwords for each VM, download the CSV template and add the required details such as the user name, password for each VM. Use the Browse button to select the template.
- Click Next.
- From the Summary page, you can view the list of VMs on which the agent will be deployed.
- Click Deploy Agent. Refresh the UI to view the agents that are installed.
The agent discovers the application services that are installed on the VMs and the application services are displayed in the Services Discovered column in the Manage Agents in Virtual Machine panel. You can view the status of agent installation from the Agent Status column in the Manage Agents in Virtual Machine panel.
What to do next
You can manage the services on each agent.