You might need to reset the vRealize Operations Manager administrator password as part of securing or maintaining your deployment and if you forget the admin account password.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the vRealize Operations Manager administration interface at https://<master-node-name> or <master-node-ip-address>/admin.
- Log in with the admin user name and password for the master node.
- In the left pane, click Administrator Settings.
- In the Change Administrator Password section, enter the current password, and enter the new password twice to ensure its accuracy.
You cannot change the administrator user name.
- Click Save.
- Optionally, to recover a forgotten password, configure the Password Recovery Settings.
Table 1. Password Recovery Settings
Password Recovery Settings Options
Email id to which you want to receive the recovery email.
Port used for the communication. By default, 25 is used for a non secure port and 465 for a secure port.
Enable or disable to protect the communication using the secure socket layer.
Enable or disable to switch the insecure communication starting with the TLS handshake.
The email from which the password recovery email is sent.
Username for the STMP server account, as some servers require authentication.
Password for the SMTP server account.
To verify the mandatory fields and make an attempt to communicate with the given SMTP server.
- Click Save. Optionally, click Reset to enter the details again.